Sunday, October 30, 2011
Many people choose to NOT enable Web History for privacy reason. However, when you activate Google+ service, you may accident enable Web History. For more information, read "Think You’ve Disabled Google’s Web History Tracking? Check Again" posted at TechCrunch.
To complete disable Google Web History, after login to Google Account, type this URL:
(Source: Alex at Google Web Search Community)
Sunday, October 23, 2011
- Make sure you know the admin password for PhpMyAdmin, if installed, before you upgrade. I forgot this password and it took me almost half hour to get out the infinite loop :(
- An hour for download and another hour to install.
- Remote desktop 'tsclient' was removed. Used 'RDesktop' or 'Remmina' instead. After using Remmina Remote Desktop client, I liked it. It's better than 'tsclient'
- Somehow the trash icon in launchpad associated with VLC media. Uninstalled VLC resolve this issue.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
- Backup your virtual machine by press <ctrl>-E to export appliance
- Go to Ubuntu Software Center to uninstall current version
- Install new version Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.1.4
- Install Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack
- Run virtual machine and apply new version of Oracle VM VirtualBox Guest Addition 4.1.4r74291
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Steve Jobs, the mastermind behind Apple's iPhone, iPad, iPod, iMac and iTunes, passed away on Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2011. Jobs was 56.
Apple said in a statement on its website: "Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
Well said, I have nothing to add. But I would like to share "one more thing". One of the things I learn from Steve Jobs in WWDC 1997: “And you know the hardest thing is, when you think about focusing right, you think well focusing is about saying yes. No. Focusing is about saying no. Focusing is about saying no. And you got to say no no no. And when you say no, you piss off people… and the result of that focus, is going to be really great products, where the total is much greater than the sum of the parts.”
Rest In Peace, Steve.