I'm using Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers to develop Android applications on Ubuntu Linux 11.04. The latest version Eclipse in Ubuntu Software Center is Galileo (3.5). To install or upgrade new version of Eclipse IDE:
1. Download 64-bit Linux package from Eclipse.org. Please select the approriate version for your machine: Mac OS, MS Windows, 32-bit, 64-bit.
2. Extract the downloaded zip file: eclipse-jee-indigo-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz
3. Rename Eclipse folder in my home directory to Eclipse-Helios
4. Move the Eclipse folder from Downloads directory to home folder.
5. Re-install ADT Plugin for Eclipse Indigo (3.7)
6. After Eclipse restart, check, and enjoy new version Eclipse